Wednesday, February 1, 2012

When in Rome...

This past weekend we had our first field trip to Rome. We had planned to go Friday but the employees of the train system in Italy went on strike for 24 hours (which is apparently not uncommon) so we had to leave on Saturday instead. I chose to stay in Rome after the field trip was over until Sunday evening with a few friends. I will tell you it is impossible to see Rome in two days but we sure as hell tried. We went to 18 different sites in less that 48 hours including, the Colessiem, the Roman Forum, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps (at sunset), Circus Maximus, Piazza Popolo, Piazza Navona, Termi di Caracalla, and so much more. Needless to say I returned to Orvieto exhausted with a stiff back and two very sore feet. I plan to return to Rome at some point to see the Vatican, and the Catacombs. These are some pictures of a few of the things I got to experience when in Rome.




1 comment: